Tuesday 22 May 2012

Sweet Pain

I've arrived for my daily spree
One two three
Shove out the stress, I feel free
Stretch out
A mild jog
The prologue

Everyone here's on a mission
Lifting weights
Vibrating power plate
Contracting muscles
An adrenlain hustle bustle

An abdominal circuit
Rep after rep
Take a deep breath
Correct your technique
Burning oblique
Sudden fatigue

Triceps calling
I can hear the chimes of the dumbbells
The flabby wake up call
Kick backs
Push ups
Repeat
Today there's no defeat

Legs and gluteus maximus
Sweet hippopotamus
No Bundchen buttocks... sigh
At least I try

Side to side
Squat and slide
One legged lunge
A suspended plunge

Some 52 minutes later
You can rest now
Say's the dictator

Sore but Successful
Aching but accomplished
Pained but powerful

Adjourned for the day

3 comments:

Chanakya said...

Hahaha, I got your entire workout !!! Now I know what you do in the gym.. *wink*

Alefiya Akbarally said...

I can so so relate to this. So well written.

Tamim Bhaiji said...

Have been finding all sorts of excuses to skip the gym this week...this has psyched me up to get back into it! Next Monday! ;)